Sunday, July 4, 2010

My first blog!

This is my first blog! I've decided to venture out to the blog world after reading and enjoying many blogs, some written my friends others by people that may be friends of friends and some by people that I've never met but now feel like I know. I've also just started uni studying education and the first subject I took was a literacy course, a found this subject fantastic and my tutor just amazing. During the course something that was repeated constantly was that to become a better reader you need to read and to become a better writer you need to write. Well I have the reading down, I love to read, but writing, writing is a problem. I never write more than a shopping list on a regular basis and I wasn't sure where to start writing. Hence the blog.

So I thought I'd start by telling you a bit about me. I am a mother of 5 children, Master C -10, Miss A - 8, Master K- 6, Miss M - almost 2 and baby E - 8 weeks. I also have a wonderful husband, a dog and 5 chickens with live in the ACT, Australia. As I said I'm currently studying Education at the University of Canberra, and love to spend any spare time being creative - my creativity is something that has developed over the last couple of years. Last year I joined Kaszazz - an Australian papercraft company and I love it! I have really gotten into the world of scrapbooking and papercraft. So you can see this is going to be a bit of a 'this and that' blog.

Well here is to my new project, hopefully I'll write here often, share my creations and meet new people along the way!

2 comments: