Wednesday, July 7, 2010

School Holidays



Ok, so I know I said I would try to write here regularly but as with everything I start it's not always the best of timing. As most of you would know it's school holidays here in Canberra and having 3 school kids home is not giving me any time to sit down for more than a couple of minutes, to think about what I'm going to write. So I thought I'd share what we have been doing over the last few days.

We had some visitors from Wollongong over the weekend which we haven't see in almost 2 years, it was great to catch up with them and reminded us of how much we miss having them live next door. While they were here they took the kids to visit questacon the science and technology centre in Canberra. Afterwards Master C treated us to a great meal of Roast lamb followed my Pavlova, needless to say our visitors were rather impressed with his cooking skills!
Monday saw a quiet day at home, Miss A and Master K had gone to sleepover at my sister's place so Master C and I went and got a few grown up DVD's. I know many people have very different opinions when it comes to letting their children watch older movies eg. M rated but as Master C is almost 11 we decided he could watch the spiderman movies whilst there was no younger siblings around (as Miss M was in bed). He loved them all, and kept telling me how good they are compared to the cartoon (as that was all he'd previously seen). Monday night also saw a special treat of me and Master C taking a late night trip to the shops for some movie supplies, namely chocolate, ice cream and creaming soda. Yes he did have to make a spider to drink whilst watching the movie and followed it up with a freddo frog! All in all a very happy boy!
On Tuesday we went to see Toy Story 3. The queue was huge, as Tuesdays are cheap days and it was the first Tuesday of the holidays it wasn't really surprising. Thankfully I had purchased tickets on line, I had been whinging at having to pay an extra dollar per ticket for booking online but when we got there and saw the line, not to mention the fact that the movie was sold out I decided it was $5 well spent!
Wednesday saw us picking up little people from my sister's followed by Master C having a friend sleeping over. As always sleepovers involve movies, ice cream and choc chip pancakes. It seems to also be involving dodging copious amounts nerf bullets!
Today hopefully I'll get a few things finished and I thought I'd share a few photos of what I've been working on over the last few days.

No comments:

Post a Comment