Sunday, July 11, 2010

A to Z album


Well recently I decided to make an A to Z scrapbook of our family over the last couple of years. I had previously looked at doing it as Kaszazz have this as one of their projects, but the task looked TOO daunting. After hearing a few friends and fellow kaszazz gurus discussing their albums I decided I should really give it a go. They informed me that it wasn't daunting and the key to completing it was all in the planning!
On Friday night A friend came over and helped me to get organised. She was here for about 4 hours (not leaving until about 11.30 :-) ) and I think I got a lot done, even if there were many interruptions, trying to look at little people's colouring in, mediate arguments, monitoring computer usage, get people into bed and feed a little baby that had forgotten to wake up for a feed earlier in the evening! In case your not sure what an A to Z album is, it is a album with a double scrap booked layout to correspond to each letter of the alphabet. I'm really pleased with my progress so far, even though I haven't actually started to scrap any layouts ( hopefully today). What I have done is organise all the letters, photos and paper ranges, as well as put together a list of things I need to complete the album. Kaszazz do have an A to Z kit which includes everything you need (and more) to complete your album as well as all the easy to follow instructions, it's great for people that are just starting to scrap or people without much spare time. As I need to put in an order to get 1 or 2 (or a few more!) things I'm thinking of having A make and take demo at my place. If you haven't herd of a make & Take demo it involves a bit of a get together where a consultant (in this case me :-) ) comes and shows some products and projects, demonstrates how to make 2 quick projects and than everyone gets to make something to take home. It's a great way to have a bit of fun, learn some new techniques and see some fabulous projects and products. If your interested and live in Canberra let me know.

I'm off to put 2 little people to bed and then hopefully start some layouts, if I get some done I'll try and share some photos tonight!
Have a great day!

2 comments:

  1. way to go on starting your own blog, rachel!
    i think you'll see it's lots like therapy. :) xxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Stephanie, I really appreciate it! :-)

    ReplyDelete