Friday, August 6, 2010

Girly gifts!

I don't often make pink things. Even for the girls I would prefer to do something with light blues or purples but last night I was knee deep in pink! Pink ribbons, pink papers, pink sock, pink butterflies pink everything! So you might think I went a little overboard but there was a reason behind it, you see Curtis' teacher is pregnant and due to have her first baby in about 2 months. It's all very exciting! Curtis had the same teacher last year and she's wonderful! Last year Curtis would constantly take Michaela into class for news (time to talk). Whenever she was able to do something new or at a different stage she had to go into the classroom, and luckily for him his teacher loved it and was more than happy to let Michaela join the class. It got to the point that Michaela would just run into the classroom and sit down waiting for the teacher as soon as she could walk! It hasn't been much different with Eli, he's been in to class and Curtis' teacher stops to see Eli every time she walks past, needless to say we are very excited for Mrs Shelley and can't wait for her to have her baby. (Even if a little disappointed that Curtis will have a relief teacher for the rest of the year). So to show Mrs Shelley how much we care and how excited we are we decided to make her a couple of presents for her baby shower this weekend. We made her a nappy cake (above) with a few different bits and pieces (socks, creams, brush,soft toy etc.) And we ( Curtis more so) decided she should also have a baby shower book like the one's that I had made earlier in the year for a friends baby shower and my baby sprinkle. I think it's rather cute even if it's a little pink!

Front cover - chipboard, papers, lettering and lots of ribbon



A few of the pages inside - including pages for her to stick in photos, write down guests names, gifts, games, words of advice, and to guess the weight and date of the baby!




So there you go, last nights rushed project - note to self stop leaving things to the last minute!
With that in mind I should go and re-write these instructions for my workshops tomorrow night, will let you know how it goes. Hope you have a great weekend, Bye!

2 comments:

  1. Very beautiful Rach. And I wouldn't be too disappointed about the relief teacher if what I have been told is correct!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Rachel, this is beautiful - I would have loved one for my babies! I'm hoping like crazy I get good news from my brother and his wife soon, I'd love the chance to make one like this for them - I'll call you (Gaetane)

    ReplyDelete