Tuesday, August 17, 2010

W is for waterpark!


Ok I haven't really gotten round to doing too many scrap booking posts so I thought I'd do a quick post from my A to Z album. So I'm doing W! W was easy for me to pick, last year for the Canberra day holiday we took the kids to Jamberoo recreation park and it was brilliant. Being Canberra day (March) meant there only seemed to be Canberra people there so it wasn't too busy, being in March it wasn't ridiculously hot either. Perfect! WE also went with my sister and a friend and her 2 boys, which was great as it gave Curtis someone to play with and meant we had an extra pair of hands! Jamberoo has lots of slides, pools etc plus toboggans and also the ROCK! Now I hadn't been there since I was in high school, but I remember jumping off the rock then. You see I'm terrified of heights, shake, feel sick, get dizzy everything, it's awful. But worst than heights is the fear of embarrassment, of having to walk back down, past the line everyone looking at you! So when we took the kids last year and Curtis wanted to jump of the rock (which I think is about 5 meters) I had to take him up. I did suggest that we jump off the small one first (only 2 1/2m) which he and his friend did no worries and then we went up to the big rock. I had to go first, obviously, and not show any signs of fear! Just before I jumped I told Curtis ( 9 years old) walk to the edge, don't look over and just jump! So I jumped, swam to the edge and turned to watch him. He walks to the edge, he is little for his age but being up so high, by himself he looked tiny. By this stage everyone around the pool was watching and you could hear people commenting that there was no way that little boy would jump! They obviously don't know Curtis, because without a seconds hesitation off he jumps! And then again and again and again. I think that was my favourite memory of the day.

Don't get me wrong, the rest of the day was great as well such as us all sitting having lunch, overlooking the wave pool!

Everybody racing down the slides on their mats!


Posing for countless photos with all the characters around the park.


It really was a great day and although we didn't go this year (I was very pregnant!) we are really looking forward to going next year.

On a side note I'm not sure how much time I'll have over the next few weeks to be creative as I started back at uni yesterday and I can see the next few weeks (or months) being about just getting through it and not a lot of time for anything else! One of my lectures had informed us that we need to set aside 30hours a week for that subject, not sure where I'm going to pull that from - maybe no sleep! Hopefully I'll get to do a post before the end of the week and let you know if I've done a challenge piece for Saturdays Kaszazz team meeting, Bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment