Tuesday, August 3, 2010

More A to Z album.........

So I've been busy trying to complete my A to Z album before Uni starts back in a couple of weeks. I only have one page left to go (plus a little bit of journalling and a few more photos that I haven't had a chance to get printed off yet) but still only one page left! Yay! So from start to finish it's taken about 3 and 1/2 weeks, not too bad. So I thought I'd share a few more photos of the layouts. I really enjoyed doing this project, and I've decided to do another one - but I'll take a bit longer! I also learnt a lot, with this one I followed the Kaszazz A to Z kit although I changed the paper ranges and mixed the letters around but I still used the layout instructions, (hence the speed of completing 26 double page layouts!) and that was fantastic. There is no way I would have started such a large project had I not had the ideas and instructions to follow, it provided lots of inspiration and ideas for different uses of papers, embellishments and lettering! I love the idea of the share and tell album, being able to just slide in photos without always having to scrap them but still using them in the layout. I also like the use of tags, I never incorporate tags into my layouts, but they make great journal aids. So all in all I'm really happy with my album, I've started to think about the next one and I've decided to do one for each of the kids! Maybe a little too ambushes but I'm still on a bit of a high from the current one!
Anyway here are a few more pages:


T is for trees - of the climbing variety!


U is for Uncle Nick - this one is because the kids don't get to see him at the moment as he lives in Canada


V is for Vacation - our trip to Hawaii in 2008.


W is for Waterpark
X is for Xmas (couldn't think of anything else starting with x!)

Today I asked some friends to have a read of my blog and give me some feedback, one suggestion was to do a post on each individual letter layout, what do you think? I might give that a go tomorrow. If I don't do it over the next couple of weeks I don't think it will get done, I can see my time being even more stretched when Uni goes back - which by the way I am really looking forward to even if I'm a little stressed about juggling everyone with classes, doing all the reading, assessments and a 3 month old baby. Should be interesting............

3 comments:

  1. Rach, this looks amazing!! I can't believe you got it done so quickly. I really need to pull mine out and just get it finished. Can't wait to see the final product!!! Well done!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. woohoo U is for Uncle Nick! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Nic! I have to get things done quickly or they don't done!

    Yes Uncle Nick a page to yourself - you should very special apart from the kids no-one else has their own page!

    ReplyDelete